Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The actors,-supporting actor -Esteban Viaña

[We asked Esteban Viaña, who plays Javier, the former boss of our hero Luis, to provide us with a brief account of his acting career.  Here is what he wrote us (translated from Spanish):]


One can say that my varied experience as an actor began in grammar school, when I participated in an activity called "Speech and Verse."  From that time on, encouraged by my teacher, I started down the road of acting, something that still excites and inspires me, and which I intend to continue until I die or am no longer physically capable of continuing.

Antonio de la Malena (Luis) and Esteban Viaña (Javier) listening to the director.

I have acted for a number of different theater groups.  I've also acted in musicals, usually in the role of a comic tenor.  I have acted in religious productions [something Spain is noted for], both in plazas and in front of churches.  I have performed on many different stages, one of my favorite of which is the spectacular, old roman theater in Bolonia, Spain, in the ruins of the Roman city of Baelo Claudia.


My acting career has allowed me to visit many cities in Spain, a great pleasure for me.  Although I tend to be type-cast as a comic actor, I have also had dramatic roles of various types, but the truth is I feel most comfortable playing the comic roles.  One role for which I have particular affection and which I have played numerous times is the comic role of Payaso [a character in Spanish theater for children], partly because I enjoy children so much.

Esteban Viaña (blue sweater) in a street scene.

I would like to add that my experience as an actor has been very satisfying for me.  I especially enjoy the immediacy of live theater, and the ability to transmit to the public the different emotions that I feel as a person, at the moment that I feel them. 

NOTE:  Part of a scene with Esteban Viaña is in the trailer on the web site DominotheMovie.comAnd another note--we have improved the sound of this trailer, but for technical reasons, our web master is having trouble mounting this on the web site.  Our apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment